Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Maylee's Stroy, Part One


In case anyone was curious.... 
Blake and I have always known that we would have our kids about 2 years apart. So as we started approaching Kaleb's first Birthday we started talking about our next one a little more. Our original plan was to start trying around December (2 months ago) and then they'e be a little over 2 years apart. I thought that would be perfect, because hopefully potty training and a big boy bed would be well under way. Not to mention that 6 months is a ton of time when we are talking about toddler maturity levels! Well, a lot of things started happening this summer to get the ball rolling a little faster.... first of all, my best friend got engaged and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. Great! Except that her wedding is June 2009! Then both Wade and Jolene, and my sister had cute tiny babies in July! So blake and I started talking about our strategy. We decided that for the wedding I either needed to not be pregnant, early stages of pregnancy, or already done with pregnancy! The first two options I was pretty ok with, but we knew we didn't want our kids almost three years apart, because of school, sports, and all that other stuff that plays a role when you're too far apart. We really want our kids to be friends, and close to each other. So we did some math and figured that if we were going to have a baby before the wedding and have me still be able to go, we'd have to get pregnant  that month! I was a little terrified of that idea, but agreed to pray about it. So here's the kicker, just within the few days we were talking and praying about it, I started to feel calm about the idea of having another baby. I felt like it was something I could do, and handle with a little bit of grace! :o) Then those few days were over and I felt terrified again and not ready to take that step. BUT IT WAS TOO LATE!! Talk about trickery from the other side! 
In the past when I would picture Kaleb with a sibling I always pictured another boy. Which was exciting to me, not only to have two boys, but to be able to use all those baby clothes again! But that night we found out I was pregnant, both Blake and I instantly knew we were having a girl. It was a good feeling, but a little panicky too, I'd have to buy all new stuff for a little girl! That's not very friendly to a single income family! So I kind of held out hope and tried not to get too determined that we were having a girl until the ultrasound.... then it was confirmed! I was shocked at how happy my tears were! I just felt like our family was complete! I couldn't imagine anything more perfect than to have this little girl join our family! 
We had decided on her first name back when we were expecting Kaleb, before we knew what he was, we knew we wanted a Maylee if it was a girl. Our original spelling would have been Maeli, but we decided to name her after my grandma who died a few years ago, who's middle name was May. So to make the name more fitting after my grandma we changed the spelling. Her middle name is going to be Marie. Marie is after the middle name of my best friend who passed away when we were 15. Ever since she died I knew my first girl was going to be named after her. So there she is, Maylee Marie, and her story so far! Stay tuned for the sequel in about 8 weeks!  

5 comments:

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

Erin - Maylee is going to love her story. You are such a beautiful pregnant mommy. Sure love and miss ya, Tonya

Brandon and Jessica Griffiths said...

HEY!! When are you due? Girls our so much fun!!

Ally said...

So cute I am glad you posted that it is fun to read peoples stories. That is a way cute picture of you as well. What is you due date? Oh one more thing girls are fun to Dress but they are so girls if you know what I mean :0)

Erin said...

I'm due April 8th!

Tiffani said...

Love the pregnant picture, you are adorable and Kaleb is going to (hopefully) be a great BIG brother!