Friday, August 13, 2010

4th of July/ Stadium of Fire

The 4th of July this year was fun! Especially since it was on a weekend, so we really had four days of bbq's and celebrating! The highlights are of course, going to see Carrie Underwood at the Stadium of Fire, which was awesome because I love her and also because neither Blake or I had ever been before. Our seats were farther back than we originally wanted, but what are you gonna do to save 10 bucks?? :) Carrie was awesome though. I seriously think that her and I could be best friends! :) She just seems so down to earth, and I love how much emphasis she puts on God, and how he has given her everything. I like that. Mostly because I completely agree with her! :) She has several religious songs, and those were the ones she said meant the most to her, not the ones that are the most popular or that have made her the most money. I think that's cool. Some of my favorite songs of hers are Temporary Home, Just a Fool, and Just A Dream. Which are now all featured on my blog! :) Another fun part about the 4th weekend was that I ran another 10k called the Freedom Run in Provo. I created a new personal record of 56:14 min. Which I was really proud of because there were a total of two miles up hill. 1 mile that was all up hill. The other mile was 1/2 up hill then 1/2 down hill, and that happened twice during the race. Needless to say it was a lot of fun, and I'm really proud of myself for achieving goals like this. Seriously, if you would have asked me two years ago, maybe even a year ago if I thought I would ever run 6 miles for fun, I would have rolled my eyes and laughed! So I am excited about this new person that I have become, and that I am continuing to improve! Here are the pics from Stadium of fire, they loaded backwards, but I'm sure you'll get the drift!




No comments: