Monday, August 9, 2010

Blake's Birthday

Blake turned 29 last month!! I can't believe I am married to an almost 30 year old!! To celebrate we had a family party, and then went camping that weekend with some friends. We had a great time, and will remember it for a long time!.



I'm a horrible wife and didn't think to take pictures until it was time for "cake". His request this year was Chocolate mousse pie, with oreo crust, with a layer of oreo on top of the mousse, topped with whipped cream, and then sprinkled with chocolate shavings! It was absolutely delicious, and I had to give myself a pat on the back for following orders and making a delicious dessert!

We had a lot of fun camping too. Just Blake, the kids, and I went up on thursday to get things set up and to enjoy ourselves a little longer before we had to take camp down again. It was a great time! Kaleb loves being outdoors and was daddy's little helper with everything Blake did. Maylee loves the dirt! We could not keep her clean! When she would trip and fall, instead of pulling her feet under her and standing up again, she would roll all over in the dirt! When she would eat she would smear whatever it was all over her face and hair! We are lucky there were no bears around that could smell her! Friday morning we hiked up to some hot pots that were near by. The hike up was three miles and I forgot to bring Maylee's pack, so each kid got to ride mom or dad's shoulders the whole way up.... that was a lot of work! The hot pots were a lot of fun, I think Blake liked them the most though! He would bathe in a hot pot for a while, hop out and run to the cold water fall, cool off, and jump back into the hot pot! It was fun watching him and listening to him say how nice it was! On our way back Maylee fell asleep while riding my shoulders, so I ended up carrying her in my arms pretty much the whole way down! I think that may have been even more work than the way up! Here are some of the pictures we got. We ended up not getting any once our friends got up there because We had driven down to cell phone range to check to see if anyone was trying to get ahold of us, and found out then that my grandma had had a severe stroke that morning and was in ICU. So we rushed back to camp, dropped Blake and the kids off, gave dinner instructions to my sister-in-law and good friend,who had just gotten there, then I hurried and drove down to the hospital to see grandma. My sweet friends took over dinner, and made an amazing meal! But unfortunately the camera was the last thing on anyone's mind, so we have no pictures of our friends! I do have them though, I promise!! :)


















No comments: