Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Day 9" - My beliefs

So to start out, the core of who I am is my religion. I think most of the people that have permission to view this blog already know all about that, or are even LDS too, but incase you'd like to know more click here.
To add a personal touch to it though, I would like to share some of the things that mean the most to me, as far as religion goes.

-Jesus Christ. Being a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, I believe that my church is the same church that Jesus brought to the earth when he lived on it. The core of my testimony is knowing that Jesus is the son of God, that he came here to teach us, and to provide a way for us to return to our Father in Heaven as well. I know that he suffered and died for us (the atonement), so that we may repent of our sins, and be worthy to live Him and our Father again. I know that He still lives, and that he is a separate person than Heavenly Father, but that they are one in purpose. I try to follow the teachings of the Savior in my everyday life, and live as He has asked us to do.

-Family. I know that families can and are meant to be together forever. I know that if I live the way Christ has taught us, and I follow his counsels, my family will be together forever. I am so grateful for that blessing. I am so grateful for temples that bring to pass that blessing. That knowledge has an effect on everything I do everyday.

-Prophets. I believe that Heavenly Father (God) is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So naturally, if there were prophets on the earth in biblical times, there would be prophets on the earth today. I believe that Thomas S. Monson is the one and only prophet of God on the earth at this time. I know that he was called of God, and that he receives revelation pertaining to our day, he guides and counsels us, so that we can attain our goal of returning to our Father's presence after this life.

-Plan Of Happiness. I believe that there is a plan for all of us. As mentioned above, part of that plan is to return to Heavenly Father. I believe that we lived before we came to earth and that we will continue to live after our life on earth. This life is just a stepping stone in our path to greater things.

Prayer. I believe that we can pray to Heavenly Father, and that he hears and answers us. I know that he loves me, and I am His daughter.

Knowing these core principles has made me the person I am. I live my religion everyday of my life, not just on Sundays. It is who I am.

I have a lot of other beliefs that are not so character forming as these ones, but I'll save those for another posts!

No comments: