Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes

White chocolate with white chocolate ganache

Peppermint Chocolate

Eggnog

This is what I ended up doing for neighborhood gifts this year at Christmas time. I was pretty pleased with myself, being it the first time baking cakes from scratch! There are definitely things that I will tweak next time, especially with the white chocolate. It was pretty sweet, and not quite the white chocolate flavor I was looking for. Have you ever had white chocolate frozen yogurt from TCBY, or Haagen-Daz white chocolate raspberry truffle icecream? That is the white chocolate flavor I am looking for! I bought real white chocolate, but it just tasted really sweet. So we will see. I've got some more baking and tweaking to do on that one to make it what I envision!
The Chocolate peppermint was better. I found an awesome chocolate cake recipe, that was so moist! The cake was awesome, and I really liked the flavor of the icing, but I think next time instead of doing a cream cheese frosting, I will do a buttercream.
Eggnog was devine!! By far my favorite!
Granted they were all good enough to pass out to neighbors, so none of them were complete flops! This is definitely a hobby of mine now, and I am slowly but sure getting more and more cupcake supplies, so this is not the last blog you will see of cupcakes!

No comments: