Saturday, January 15, 2011

Kaleb Starts Preschool!

Kaleb started preschool this fall, and it has been a blast! I've been nervous to send him away from the home at his age, especially since he still has 2 years before being able to go to kindergarten, but have wanted him to experience more structured learning time. So I got to talking with some neighbors that feel the same way, and we started our own preschool! It started out as three of us, and has now grown to five with the new semester. We each teach for two weeks, and we meet twice a week. So in the fall I would have a four week break before I had to teach again, now I have an 8 week break! The best part about it is that he is going into homes with people I know and trust, with kids I know and trust, and he is thriving! I also have control over what he is learning. We both love it and it is so fun to get together for field trips and parties. Last semester we went to the Red Barn for a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch in Oct, had a halloween party, went to thanksgiving point's dinosaur museum and light exhibit, and had a Christmas party. Unfortunately, I just realized I am horrible at remembering to take pictures! I did however remember to take pumpkin patch pictures and Kaleb's first day of school! I am so proud of this little boy, and cannot believe how fast time goes, I remember looking at him as a new born wondering what he would be like as a toddler, sending him to school ect. And now these times have come and some have even past. It is kind of surreal to think about it! I feel so privileged to be a mother, and to have these wonderful personalities apart of my life forever!


Of course, Maylee had to be in the picture too :)

My big boy on his first day of preschool!

the preschoolers with their siblings who get to tag a long on field trips

Maylee being totally uncooperative!

No comments: