Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 1- Introduce Yourself

I don't know why this task of introducing myself seems daunting! I just feel like there is so much about me, that I can't really pinpoint who I am with words. I'll just start with the basics and see where it takes me!

My name is (whoever is reading this knows already, but bare with me!) Erin Huff, I am almost 27 years old, I have been married for almost 6 1/2 years, I have two BEAUTIFUL children, Kaleb (3 1/2) Maylee (almost 2). You can look right above this post and see a picture of my wonderful family. :)

I was born and raised in Fairbanks, Alaska, we moved to Utah when I was 16. I am very grateful for growing up in Alaska. I was able to make relationships that were very meaningful to me, I have a handful of best friends that mean the world to me. With each one of them we can go months, sometimes even years without talking, and when we do it is like no time has passed at all. They are true friends, and have helped mold me into the person I am today. Like I said I have a handful of these friends, some people aren't even lucky enough to have one! I am one lucky girl and feel very blessed to have these people in my life. I know it was no accident that we grew up together and are still apart of eachother's lives.

Like I said before, when I moved to Utah I was 16. The move was a great growing experience for my family and I, I know it was something we needed to do, and it definitely tried the faith of my parents. It was here that I was "reunited" with Blake, that we fell in love, and started our life together. I love Utah. I don't know if I will stay here forever, but while I am here I am grateful, it is beautiful land and beautiful people (maybe some not so beautiful too!).

My life right now, is busy but happy!! I am in a spot right now that I am very grateful for and pleased with. I was recently called to be the Young Women's president in our ward, and through the past few months I have grown so much. Before I got this calling, my life was filled with uncertainty, I didn't know where we were going, what we were going to do, even when we were going to have our next child, and it was really hard for me! I still don't know any of those answers! But I do know now, that I am where the Lord wants me to be. I have a comfortable home, healthy and happy children, and my husband has a job that provides for our needs. I am happy with that, and I know the Lord will let us know when it is time for a change. Right now all I can do is enjoy the situation I am in, because it is a good one, and be happy! This is the first time in my life that I have ever felt this way. Not even as a teenager. I've always looked to greener pastures, and have always thought that's when my life would begin. I feel bad about that now, and feel sorry for my poor husband who has had to put up with that for so long! Life is so much better when you are happy with what you have and appreciate it!

As far as some of my interests, this past year I have taken up running, biking, and swimming. I trained for an olympic triathlon in 2010, that I was unfortunately not able to compete in because of the death of my grandmother, but it has brought to light a whole new person I didn't know exsisted! I really enjoy being active and accomplishing hard things. I have kept up the workouts (somewhat) and look forward to making and reaching new physical goals. I also love baking and cooking. I love to sing, but am very self conscience about it. I love crafty things, especially when it comes to home decorating, but you'd never know it by being in my house! That is still in dreaming phase! I think I am afraid to do something bold incase I don't like it, and then that money has gone to waste. Besides that we rent, and it is a worry of mine that I will buy/ make things for this house that won't work in another. I know, I just need to buck up and do something to my bare walls!

I think that may be a good enough introduction to myself! Maybe a little too good! If I have retained any readers this long, thank you for the flattery of reading all of this! You are great friends! :) On a side note, I have 5 siblings, 4 sisters 1 brother! And I work 4 hours a week as a water aerobics instructor! And that is me in a novel!! :)

No comments: