Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 2- My First Love

I almost forgot to log in today!! I might fail at this 30 day challenge! So my first love..... ah...
He was when I was five, possibly even younger. His name was Timmy Lougee (lau-gee). We went to the same church, our moms were friends, and then to top it all off we started kindergarten together in the same class! I loved him. One of my most disappointing days was when we were standing in line to go to music class, and one of our classmates said, "Someone wants to give you a kiss!" I got so excited and turned around (thinking that it could only be Timmy) to see another little boy with green snot coming from his nose (whom I also grew up with, went to the same church, etc.) all puckered up! Before I could even react he gave a hurried, snotty kiss to me on my cheek! I was so disgusted and heart broken it wasn't Timmy there wanting to give me a kiss.
Another memorable moment was that same year in kindergarten. My mom had some errands to run, so I went to Timmy's house to play. While there, his mom fed their dog, Sugar, her lunch. I was very fond of dogs, and we had one of our own. So naturally I saw her eating and went up behind her to pet her... bad idea! She turned around and snapped at me, and got me right on the lip! I had to get 6 stitches and still have the scar today! I loved being able to hold that over Timmy's head, his dog was the reason I had a scar on my face! I often felt that we forever had a apart in each other's lives because of that permanent scar on my face!
I spent the rest of my grade school year in and out of little crushes, but Timmy was my main heart throb. I think he must've liked me too because he always chose me to pick on! He would always tease me, tell me how smart he was, and never pick me to be on his team to play soccer at recess. In 6th grade we received the devastating news that Timmy was moving to Utah. My future plans to woo him and fall in love and get married were crushed! I seriously was planing on him being my first date and only date! I just assumed that naturally once we were of age we would date and be married the day he returned home from serving a mission! I specifically remember writing in my diary, "how will we ever get married now?!" But then genius struck! I would simply go to BYU and so would he, our paths would cross, we would reunite, fall in love and get married!! Problem solved!
The story didn't quite work out that way! But it is ok, I'm sure Timmy is very happy with his life (however he has never married, and I like to believe it is because he couldn't find anyone that could compare to me) , and I am very happy with mine!
We did reunite a couple of times after my family moved to Utah, through wedding receptions of mutual Alaskan friends, I planned on asking him to prom or preference, but for some reason that never worked out either. He told me a couple of times that he wanted to take me on a date as well, but I guess living in different cities, going to different schools, it just wasn't in the works for us!

1 comment:

Merrells said...

Ha ha! I'm sure that's the reason he never married!