Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tour De. St. George

April 9th was my first race day of the season. I signed up to do the Tour De St. George, 100 miles with one of my good friends. About 3 weeks before the race my friend decided that it was too much and she wasn't going to do it. That kind of took the wind out of my sails and discouraged me, I mean who wants to ride 100 miles by themselves?? But luckily there was a large group going down to ride 75 miles from Orem. So I decided to ride with them. On Thirsday it started to rain in Orem, but St. George was still beautiful. Friday was a different story. Blake and I had a hard time deciding to go down with the weather, I was really nervous because I had never ridden in the rain before. But I decided that I would regret not going, and what would happen if saturday turned out to be pretty dry? So we went. Saturday was awful! It pretty consistent rain all morning, and the race officials started telling people to use caution, and if anyone didn't want to do the race they would give a $10 credit towards another race this year. I was nervous. I got on my bike and was riding around the parking lot, my tires were skidding, it was freezing, the wind was blowing so hard, and all I could think about was what if I crash? What if I break a leg? After a little while I finally decided to back out of the race. It was such a hard decision! I kept wanting to tell blake to turn back after we left, I had trained so hard, and I kept getting text messages wishing me luck, and I didn't want to admit failure or disappoint anyone. But finally I was confident in my decision, it is what it is, I wanted to make sure I stayed safe.
The rest of the weekend we had fun though! It was pretty gloomy weather so we spent most of the time inside. We stayed with our good friends Collin and Bethany and our kids had a great time together. Taya is a month older than Kaleb, and it is our family joke that they are going to get married! Here are some pictures of the kids...

Most of the time was watching movies and playing games, Maylee absolutely loved the little princess couch and was pretty much found there the whole weekend! This picture is of her watching tangled on the itouch.


Sunday the weather cleared up and we took the kids to the duck pond in the morning before church. Kaleb and Taya are so cute together!

No comments: