Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 26- My fears

This is a difficult post to write. I don't really know how to put my fears into words, or really what my fears are. I do have lots of fears, or insecurities, which I think describes them better.

I think my worst fear is doing something that will hurt the potential of my children, or keep them from achieving what they are meant to achieve, or creating insecurities in them that will hold them back as well.

I also fear that I won't reach my potential. What if I am not good enough? What if I can't over come my weaknesses? What if everything I've learned and believe and live my life for I don't obtain? What if I never reach the point in my life that I hope too? What if my marriage fails? What if I lose one of my children or husband or all of them to premature death?

Gratefully, when I was a beehive my advisors made us memorize this scripture, 2 Timothy 1:7 , "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power,of love and of a sound mind." I come back to this scripture often in my life when I start to feel doubt, or let it overcome me. I can't predict the future, I don't know what trials I will face, but I do know that if I am striving to do my best, and repent everyday, that the spirit will help me to find strength and peace. Fear is not from God, it is from the devil, and he wants us to by into it so that we live our life in doubt and insecurity. That way we are sure to not reach our potential.

No comments: