Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 17- My favorite Birthday

I have had a lot of great birthdays! This past year was really great, and I have already talked about it during this challenge. So I will tell you about my 22nd birthday.

We were living in St. George at the time. I woke up early because I had to work that day, I don't think he had to go in for a couple of hours so he was still asleep. When I was ready to go I woke him up to say morning prayers together, kissed him goodbye and left the house. Noticing there was no mention of my birthday from him! I thought I would let it slide for a little bit, because really, how accountable can you hold someone who is half awake? I got to work, and was showered with happy birthday wishes and hugs, in fact, they even decorated my chair for me (I was an orthodontic assistant at the time)! I felt so special! I kept making little stops by my phone when I could to see if I would get a text from him... never did. At lunch the girls took me out, I took the opportunity to call Blake and "see how his day was going" :) We talked for a few minutes, he told me how his day was, I told him mine had been great so far and the girls were taking me out to lunch. He said "oh, that's nice of them." When it was time to say good bye, I said, "Just so you know, everyone and their dog has said happy birthday to me today but you." He quickly responded with a "The day isn't over yet!"
So me, being me, thought oh sweet, he is going to make such a big deal to try to make up for this! So I keep looking at the door, waiting for flowers or some sort of special delivery. Then all of the sudden this beautiful, very expensive arrangement came walking through the door. My heart skiped a beat, I was so happy! He actually totally came through! Until I looked at hte card and it was a delivery for my co worker from her husband... just to say I love you! My heart sunk. Seriously, a random delivery on all days it had to e my birthday? Not just my birthday, but the birthday that MY husband forgot?? This was not good for Blake!
I got home from work that night with high hopes still. Knowing that blake isn't one for a ton of show, I thoguht he probably had something planned at home. I was wrong. Nothing. Nothing at all. So we then proceeded to get into a "Discussion" about how you don't forget birthdays, and when you do, and then are reminded about them, you need to do something!! Even just a sweet homemade card or text that recognized how this was the greatest day of all because it was the day that your one and only true love came into this world! His argument... he didn't think he needed to do something because we were having a family party on friday to celebrate (this was tuesday). Now I am betting that 100% of my readers are women. So I don't need to go into how ridiculous this argument is!!
So after a lengthy discussion, blake finally agreed to take me out to dinner. Too bad it was his little brother tagged along and they chose to eat at China Buffet, the single most disgusting restaurant in St. George! AND I had even vetoed it! But we still went!!

So why, you may ask is this my favorite birthday? Well now that is is 5 year later I look back on it and realize how funny that day was, and also because that family party that we had planned on friday tuned into this...




My very own surprise princess party! Complete with a homemade cake, thrown, crown, and staff!

No comments: